- Android phones with updated Google Play services.
- iPhones 5s and up with Touch ID and the Google app.
To start signing in with your phone, follow these steps. You’ll need your phone for the setup process.
- On your computer or tablet, go to the “Sign in & security” section of My Account. You might need to sign into your Google Account. Click here if you have Forgotten your Password?
- In the “Tired of typing passwords?” box, select Get started.
- Select Set it up, then sign into your account. You’ll be taken to a guided setup process.
- In the “Your phone” section, choose which phone you want to use to sign in.
- Turn on your device’s security feature.
- Android: If there isn’t a check next to “Screen lock,” select Add a screen lock and follow the onscreen instructions.
- iPhone: If there isn’t a check next to “Touch ID,” select How to set it up and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose Next.
- Below your username, select Next to practice how you’ll sign in.
- On your phone, follow the onscreen instructions to see Google’s prompt, then tap Yes.
- On your computer or tablet, select Turn on to finish setup.
Now whenever you sign into your Google Account, you’ll get a “Trying to sign in?” prompt sent to your phone.
Sign in with your phone
- When signing in, enter your username, then select Next. (Your username might show up automatically.) You’ll see a reminder to check your phone to sign in.
- On the “Trying to sign in?” prompt sent to your phone, tap Yes.
Still having issues setting this up? Read the full documentation here