Edmodo was founded in 2008 by the team of Nic Borg, Jeff O’Hara, and Crystal Hutter.
The main objective of the project is to the traditional classroom into this century.
This project receives support from the likes of Benchmark, Greylock Partners, Glynn Capital Management, Index Ventures, KDDI, Learn Capital, New Enterprise Associates, SingTel Innov8, Tenaya Capital, and Union Square Ventures.
Sometimes in the mid of the year 2017, this platform claimed to have more than 78 Million users all over the World.
A large percentage of these users are in the United States of America.
Other users are randomly in countries like Indonesia, Italy, Singapore, Uruguay and other 170+ countries.
In 2013, this platform made the PC Magazine’s Top Apps for Teachers.
What is Edmodo?
Edmodo is the largest learning community with millions of global learners to find what they need and connect with teachers.
This platform offers communication, collaboration, and a coaching platform to connect Teachers, Parents, and Students.
Furthermore, this app provides a learning environment for schools and teachers which provides every needed tool to ensure students have access to all learning tools.
Also, similar to Kahoot, this network also lets educator distribute content, dictate quizzes, assignments, and enhance the communication with students, colleagues, and parents.
This platform focuses more on Educators/teachers in their approach, quest, and philosophy.
Before you can enjoy the full features of this platform if you join as a teacher or as a student.
Parents can only join by invitation by the teacher since the platform is an online classroom, only teachers and students have more access.
- This platform is an exact copy of the classroom with all the features included based on learning.
- Ease work for teachers in different college and school within the context of educational discussions.
- Supports filter and advance filter like by grade, by subject, and so on.
- Everyone can communicate, unlike the original classroom where shy people don’t often get to ask a question.
- There are over 650 Million of resources you can choose from as a student and enjoy.
- Teachers can notify parents about their kid’s assignment, deadline, and so on.
- It is easy and free.