Bloggers and Webmasters wants to earn from their sites / blogs (monetization) but over 87% don’t earn much online because they don’t know the best choice between Affiliate Marketing and Pay Per Click.
At the end of this post, you should be able to choose wisely between Affiliate Marketing and Pay Per Click.
In short, Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a
commission (specific) by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You
find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a piece of the
profit for each sale that you make. For example, if you sell a good worth $400 and the specified commission is about 10%, the you make $40 for every sale.
There won’t be any earing share with host and you can sponsor products related to your category like a boss! E.g: Amazon Affiliate, eBay Affiliate, etc
Pay Per Click
Pay per click is a form of internet marketing
in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. E.g: AdSense, Media.net, etc
Host revenue sharing is included in most cases
How To Choose Smartly Between PPC and Affiliate Marketing
Before I proceed, I’d love everyone to try out this simple test:
1. Create A Flashy Ad Banner
2. Make a link referring back to your site and track it. If you can’t, use Google URL shorter to shorten your URL then check the stats using th admin panel.
3. Place the AdBanner on your website and make sure it’s liking back to your site using the referring link you are tracking above.
1. If you follow the above process well, you discover that PPC is actually ripping it’s Publishers off. Why?
Advertisers might publish an Ad to buy some kind of stuff on your website then you earn like $1 per click meanwhile they have made a huge income.
2. Affiliate Marketing is the best for new sites with less traffic, less users. It helps avoid annoying ads that makes users run away from your site.
3. PPC is the best for sites with huge traffic as most PPC program Pay Per Impression (How many time the ads was seen). Pay Per Impression isn’t available in almost AFFILIATE MARKETING.
4. Running both on the same site is possible, as long as you have large traffic quality and users engagements on your websites.
Here is a breakdown:
Affiliate Marketing Pay Per Click
Chatting Sites No Yes
Forums Yes(might not work well) Yes
News No Yes
<5000 Yes No
>10000 Yes Yes
I guess now you will make the right choice.
Your contribution to this post will really be welcomed. Please comment below or reach me via my mail address: email@example.com
Share and comment.