One of the Advantages of Solar Energy in Points is that it is a great way to use and maximize natural resources to create a renewable energy. Likewise, the solar panel can be used to collect sunlight and convert it into usable energy i.e that can be used for electricity.
From basic science knowledge, we all know there are two basic forms of energy: kinetic energy and potential energy. Also, we know energy can be transformed/converted from one form to another.
Following this same protocol, just as chemical energy can be transformed into heat energy (e.g coal) the same way solar energy (sunlight) can be transformed into electrical or heat energy with this use of solar panels.
What’s Solar Panel?
The Solar System is the gravitationally bound system comprising the Sun and the objects that orbit it, either directly or indirectly. In this article, I will be highlighting few of the Advantages of Solar Energy in Points alongside the disadvantages.
Solar panels are built to absorb energy from the solar system (sunlight) as a source of energy and convert the absorbed energy into electricity or heat energy for external use.
Solar panels are now preferred because it’s safe for use and also less expensive than other previously existing forms of energy known, used (e.g petroleum) meanwhile this is not so in most countries because the cost of setting it up is expensive.
How does it work?
A complete solar energy system called a photovoltaic (PV) solar energy system contains: solar panels, racking for mounting the panels on the top of the house, electrical wiring, and an inverter.
Starting from the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun, the solar panels generate Direct Current electricity (DC) to the inverter.
The inverter then takes it from there by converting the DC into Alternating current (AC) which is the type of electricity required for home use.
Then, finally the AC power is ready for use and it is been delivered directly to your home’s main electrical service panel for use.
Advantages of Solar Energy in Points
- Energy generated from the solar panel is a renewable, sustainable one unlike other means of energy sources, for example, oil is neither renewable nor sustainable when it’s exhausted, that’s the end. This makes solar energy more preferred to other forms of energy source.
- The solar panel does not produce any form of noise or pollution, it’s extremely noiseless as they can easily generate energy from the sun without making any noise. Also, one of its major advantages is it’s non-polluting. Solar energy is a renewable, sustainable resource. Oil, on the other hand, is not renewable or sustainable. Once it is gone, it is gone.Solar cells are totally silent. They can extract energy from the sun without making any noise.Solar energy is non-polluting. Of all the advantages of solar energy over those of oil, this is, perhaps, the most important.
- Little or no maintenance skill is required to manage solar panel after it must have been installed correctly by a professional. Also, they have no oscillating or moving parts that might be needed to be fixed frequently or periodically, this makes them last for a long time as they remain in just a static location for a long time.
- The fact that the cost of setting up solar panels may be expensive (depending on location) but overlooking that,
you can save money in the long run, more or less like having to spend the expected value of energy supply for years in just a time but after all, you do not have to pay for energy from the sun. That makes it cheap. Also, we shouldn’t overlook the current of the increase in the price of oil.
- Solar panel generating energy from the sun is the future of energy supply. In many countries, they have adapted to this system and we all have seen or used or heard about solar powered technologies gadgets before e.g Solar Calculators, Solar Cars, etc. The advantage here is simply that solar is the future.
- Solar panels generating energy from the sun can help become independent of energy from the grid and hence reducing electricity bill and keeping the environment green.
Solar Energy Disadvantages
- Inadequate sunlight during raining seasons (Depends on weather)
- Solar energy storage is expensive to set up.
- Takes large space.
- Might require regular cleaning.
- The environment might not be favorable.
Advantages of Solar Energy in Points
disadvantages of solar energy in points210/mo
solar energy disadvantages
solar energy advantages and disadvantages pdf
solar energy advantages and disadvantages wikipedia
disadvantages of solar energy to the environment
5 disadvantages of solar energy
interesting facts about solar energy
advantage of wind energy