HostGator Review based on over 2 years of experience with the hosting company also with users survey quantified and digested into all in one short article.
HostGator is a Houston-based provider of shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated web hosting with an additional presence in Austin, Texas.
HostGator has been around since 2007 and is one of the most popular web hosts in this era which presently hosts more than 8 million domains and is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry. Its great support from one-click WordPress installation with a standout uptime of 99% makes the company one of the web host powering the highest number of sites online.
The company offers a series of web hosting plans including Cloud Hosting, WordPress Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting which customers can easily choose the perfect one for their business or website.
Hostgator is popularly known for its WordPress Hosting plan (Built specifically for WordPress on its cloud platform).
The WordPress Hosting plan comes with tons of handy features which include one-click WordPress Installation, great and fast response and loading speed, Optimized for WordPress, and an active support which is a perfect choice for every WordPress site owner.
1. The web hosting company offers affordable plans and pricing for each and every business/personal user categories. Compared to other hosting companies, with just $5 monthly, you can get your site online and up running.
2. When choosing the Cloud Web Hosting plan (Shared Hosting) everything is Unlimited except for the fact that your RAM isn’t unlimited and in the Hatchling Plan, the number of websites you can host on it is just one.
3. Similar to all other web hosting companies, cPanel is enabled but even with a more clean, simple UI, energy powered and elegant look. The shiny interface cannot definitely be expressed with words.
Manage and track your site’s performance, gather information, and keep an eye on all your important metrics.
4. Cloud hosting automatically distributes three mirrored copies of your data across multiple devices to ensure safety and redundancy. If a hardware issue arises, your site can be switched to another server.
5. 24/7 Support.
6. 99.9% uptime and your page will load faster from the cloud due to an optimal caching configuration, custom-built for speed!
7. Weebly Web Builder.
8. Flexibility and Accessibility.
9. Extensive Services and Hardware.
10. Hostgator coupon: use Brainslodge25 as your promo/coupon code to get 25% off any order. This is the best coupon if you are buying long-term hosting.
Just like when there are advantages there are also disadvantages, Hostgator also has some bad sides which I must lay emphasis on:
- Just like every other hosting companies, this web hosting company can’t guarantee you 100% up-time.
- It is assumed that the other site performance gets affected due to too many website hosting.
- It offers only Google AdWords credits as sign up bonus.
- Unlike as promised and stated, the company’s customer support is very poor.
- Loading speed isn’t that impressive.